The Bahrain Reproductive Health Association (BRHA) is a public association, but does not provide any clinical services. It was established on 1975, by a group of Bahraini youth to serve the Bahrain community with commitment and accountability towards national and human responsibility.
Through voluntary trained and specialized personnel, SRH targets include:
- Increase awareness and knowledge about reproductive health and the importance of family planning as a human need for the community.
- Increase women's knowledge about their reproductive rights, and enable them to practice their rights and make their own decisions.
- Increase men's responsibility and participation in reproductive health issues.
- Prepare youth for parenthood responsibilities, and improve care provided to adolescents.
- Communicate with decision makers and community leaders to support positive attitude towards reproductive health.
These are achieved by the following:
- Increase awareness about reproductive health among the community through seminars, lectures, leaflets and educational articles.
- Train volunteers to become specialists in reproductive health and family planning.
- Provide reproductive health counselling through the counselling centre in the association.
- Increase cooperation and coordination with governmental authorities, associations, social clubs and different media facilities to promote reproductive health.
- Increase cooperation and coordination with all agents concerned in combating and preventing HIV.
AddressBuilding: 377 Road:1210 Block: 312 al gufool